AP CM YS Jagan in YSR awards function
Recipients include Dr Krishna Ella and Bhandaru Srinivasarao
Vijayawada, Nov 1: YSR Lifetime Achievement and YSR Achievement Awards-2022 were presented to individuals and various organizations for the significant contribution in their respective fields.
Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan and Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy gave away the Awards, instituted in memory of former Chief Minister Dr YS Rajsekhar Reddy, at a colorful function here on Tuesday which was also attended by Dr YSR ‘s wife YS Vijayamma.
The Awards were presented on the occasion of AP State Formation Day.
Congratulating the recipients, Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy said the awards are being presented to eminent organizations and individuals who worked and are still working selflessly for the upliftment of the society in various spheres.
Dr. YSR Lifetime Achievement Award carries a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh, a bronze figurine of Dr. YSR, a memento, and a citation while Dr. YSR Achievement Award carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, a memento, and a commendation letter.
In all, 20 individuals and organizations received YSR Lifetime Achievement Awards, and 10 eminent persons and organizations received the YSR Achievement Awards. This is the second successive year that the Awards were presented.
The Chief Minister said, the awards are in recognition of the services of famers who are sweating their blood, ambassadors of the Telugu culture who have been working for decades for strengthening it, police warriors who are working for the safety of women, for the social activists and media personalities who are waging a war against the poverty and oppression, for the doctors who have earned international reputation in medical field and industrialists who have reached great heights through sheer hard work.
He said all the recipients are common people who have made uncommon contribution for the growth and betterment of the society with their humanistic approach.
He further said that the awards are instituted in memory of his father and former Chief Minister Dr Y.S Rajashekara Reddy who pursued pro-farmer and pro-poor policies and who brought in revolutionary changes in the society working for social justice and development of all regions.
The presentation of the awards is only a gesture to convey the message that the Government will continue to support the organisations and individuals who will work for the progress of the society in various fields.
Congratulating the recipients, Governor Biswabhusan Harichandan said the awards, instituted in memory of the late Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy who earned a permanent place in the hearts of Telugu people in both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, will go a long way in inspiring people in serving the society.
Earlier, in his opening remarks, G.V.D. Krishna Mohan, Advisor to Government (Communications), said the awards were designed in a special way to make them look better compared to the civilian awards instituted in other states.
Observing that farmers, artistes, laborer, social workers and others who work in different spheres in the society are all heroes in their own way, he said the Screening Committee worked hard in selecting the organizations and individuals who walked the extra mile for betterment of the society selflessly and thanked the Chief Minister for his support in the process.
List of YSR Award recipients
YSR Achievement Awards in Agriculture:
- Sodem Mukkaiah of Buttyagudem in Eluru district. He represents Adivasi Cashew Nut Farmers’ Producer Company
- A. Gopalakrishna of Krusheevala Coconut Farmers Producers Company from BR Ambedkar Konaseema district.
- Jayappaa Naidu of Talupala village in Pileru Mandal, Annamaiah district. He represents Annamaiah Mutually Aided Cooperative Society
- K.LN. Mouktika, representing the Amrutha Phala Producers Company, Sabbavaram in Anakapally district
- Kattamanchi Balakrishna Reddy, Kattamanchi Village, Chittoor district
YSR Lifetime Achievement Awards in Fine Arts and Culture
- Veteran film director K. Viswanath
- Veteran movie actor and director R. Narayana Murthy
YSR Achievement Awards in Fine Arts and Culture:
- Stage artiste Nayudu Gopi
- Kalamkari crusader Pitchuka Srinivas
- Shaik Gousia Begum from Udayagiri for pioneering the wooden cutlery instruments
YSR Lifetime Achievement Awards in Literature:
- Visalandhra Publishing House -T. Manohar Naidu
- Emesco publishing House -Vijayakumar
- Writer Dr Santi Narayana.
YSR Lifetime Achievement Awards in women empowerment and protection:
- Sunita Krishnan of Prajwala Foundation
- Sireesha Rehabilitation Centre of Vuyyuru – Manne Someswara Rao
YSR Achievement Awards jointly for 5 Disha police officials:
Ravada Jayanti, SVV Lakshminarayana, Rayudu Subrahmanyam, Hajtraiah
and P. Srinivasulu
YSR Lifetime Achievement Awards in Education:
- Rishi Valley Educational Institution, Madanapalli -Dr Ananta Jyothi
- Jawahar Bharati Educational Institution, Kavali – Dr. Dotla Vinayakumara Reddy
- Personality Development trainer B.V. Pattabhiram
YSR Achievement Awards in Education:
- Dastagiri Reddy from Nandyala, who trained thousands of bank job aspirants-Sri Guru Raghavendra Banking Coaching centre
YSR Lifetime Achievement Awards in Media
- Bhandaru Srinivasa Rao
- Satish Chandra
- Mangu Rajagopal
- MEV Prasada Reddy
YSR Lifetime Achievement Awards in Medical and Health:
- Dr. B. Nageswara Reddy of Asian Institute of Gastroenterology
- Dr Varaprasada Reddy of Shanta Biotech
- Dr Krishna Yella and Suchitra Yella of Bharat Biotech
- Dr Pratap C Reddy, Founder-Chairman of Apollo Hospitals. Sangeeta Reddy
- Gullapalli Nageswara Rao from LV Prasad Eye Institute YSR Lifetime Achievement Awards in Industry:
- Grandhi Mallikarjuna Rao
CM pays tributes to Potti Sriramulu: Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy paid rich tributes to Potti Sriramulu on the occasion of AP Formation Day here on Tuesday.
The Chief Minister, after garlanding the statue of Amarajeevi Potti Sriramulu, unfurled the national flag and took the police salute.
Taking to Twitter, the Chief Minister described the AP Formation Day as ‘a festival of memorising our culture and fame, struggles and success stories of our ancestors and the sacrifices of great people who were born on this soil.’
Legislative Council Deputy Chairperson Zakia Khanam, Home Minister Taneti Vanita, Tourism Minister RK Roja, Medical and Health Minister Vidadala Rajani, Housing Minister Jogi Ramesh, CS Dr Sameer Sharma, DGP K.V. Rajendranath Reddy, AP Mahila Commission Chairperson Vasireddy Padma, Telugu and Sanskrit Academy Chairperson Lakshmi Parvati, Advisor to Government ( Public Affairs) Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy, Rajya Sabha Member V.Vijayasai Reddy and top officials participated in the programme.